Some exciting news to end the year! We’re delighted to have been asked to deliver a brand new Social Media for Digital Marketing course through Cork College of Further Education and Training Bishopstown.
The course is QQI L5 accredited and will lead to a Certification in Social Media for Digital Marketing. The qualification also affords the learner the opportunity to achieve the Level 5 Specific Purpose Certificate in Building Digital Business Skills.
The aim is to enable the learner to enhance the sales and marketing approach of a business by using social media for digital sales, communication and marketing. It’s very much grounded in ‘real-world’ case studies and experiences and will have specific focus on the following:
- Describing the importance and benefits to a business of using social media marketing to enhance a business’s sales and marketing approach.
- Identifying a variety of social media platforms currently available for a business’s digital marketing requirements and e-tools to manage those platforms.
- Identifying the purpose of, and steps involved in, compiling a digital marketing strategy for social media.
- Setting up a social media business account for a business’s digital marketing strategy, to include appropriate branding, choosing content appropriate to target audience and use of social media content calendar.
- Using social media for the purpose of selling products or services online.
- Examining, interpreting, and applying essential social media analytics used within digital marketing.
There will be two practical based assessments as part of the course, broken into an assignment and project. Both assessments will be completed in the duration of the 6 week course.
The Social Media for Digital Marketing course has two scheduled sessions for 2024, both of which will run online:
- 16th January to 20th February
- 16th April to 21st May.
It will be delivered through live online lectures and workshops running every Tuesday from 9.30am – 3.30pm over the six week period.
The course will be delivered by Karen Twomey of Communications Hub who has a Masters in Public Relations and New Media and works as a Digital Marketing Consultant, Trainer and Mentor.